Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 30: Letting go...

Day 30! Only one more day! Today's prompt: Letting go.

I have learned in my short 32 years on this planet that letting go is one of the best ways to be happy. I was actually just discussing this topic last night with Boy Wonder. When I was in my 20s, I had everything planned out. Actually, now that I think about it, I believe I came out of the womb planning my life. I always had goals and a time frame that I was aiming to meet. But in my 20s, I was really into planning. My life was going to go like this- college, marriage, babies. HA! Boy did the Big Guy Upstairs have a different plan for me. I got through college but the marriage and babies part kinda fell apart. I think that was probably the first time in my life that things didn't go as planned. And as an 25ish year old would do, I sulked and complained and threw a fit. But then, I put on my big girl panties and realized that letting go of the planning every single moment of my life was what would really make me happy. I let go and moved on.

If my plan had gone as planned, I would have never gone to law school. I would have never met my close group of friends that I have now. I would have never gotten to spend a summer in Spain. I wouldn't be as involved with my sorority as I am now. My life would be completely different. And I love my life now. I can honestly say that I am completely happy. While there are always things that I'm working towards (i.e. that marriage and family goal), I definitely wouldn't change the way my life has turned out. I am happier and more satisfied with my life now than I think I ever have been. And it's all thanks to "letting go."

No comments: