Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 12: Today I am missing this...

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there. No matter what kind of mom you are (momma to humans or animals), you deserve a huge pat on the back for putting up with all of us kids. We can be difficult sometimes (never me but I do know some difficult kids). I wish I was spending it with my mom but instead, I'm traveling to San Antonio for work. So my mom gets a delayed Mother's Day this year. I did leave her a card and some chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge. And I also cleaned the house for her. So I guess that counts, right?

Anyways... moving on. Day 12 of Blog Every Day in May. The topic is "What do you miss?"

I'm going to revert back to an old post that I did while I was in law school. I wrote this post in November of 2011. I was one semester away from being done with law school. And I was a mess. Not only was I stressed about finals, I was having major boy drama, had ZERO dollars in my bank account, and was just overall miserable on this day. I look back at this post and think about how different and how similar my life was in comparison to today. Things are much improved these days. I'm done with school so my stress level is way low, I have money (not a lot but some), and the boy drama is over (THANK GOODNESS). But I still miss the same thing that I did 1 1/2 years ago. I miss teaching. I miss the classroom. I miss the kids and all my fun teacher supplies. I miss the people I worked with. I miss the summers and holidays. I know I will probably never teach again but it was such a huge part of my life for 5 years that I miss it. Sometimes, I wish there were two of me. One that could do the teaching and one that could do the lawyering. Then life would be perfect!

Read the post HERE.

No comments: