Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 20: It was the worst of times and the best of times...

Day 20! Only 11 more days in the blog every day in May challenge! Today's prompt- Something you're struggling with right now.

This is an easy one because I have been having a majorly hard time with my dog the past few days. He has turned into a destructive little guy. Part One- He was neutered on Friday and was completely drugged up. I spent all of Friday afternoon and evening trying to make sure he didn't fall down one of the 2 flights of stairs in my house. Being a parent is exhausting! 

Part Two- Once the anesthesia wore off, he turned into a crazy, psycho dog. So far, he has chewed up 3 pairs of my shoes (one of those being Coach brand shoes), a tank top, and a new shirt I had only worn one time. He also woke me up twice last night to go out (both justified wakings but still!) This morning, I thought I was going to murder him. He just wouldn't leave me alone. And tried to escape out of the house when I was leaving. If he wasn't so cute, I might have just let him escape.

He also has turned into Houdini and can get out of his crate. He has figured out how to collapse it and escape. This is a huge no-no in my house and I'm not going to let it happen. I'm zip tying/duck taping that thing together tonight.

My mom said it's preparing me to have patience for my future children. All I can say is my children better not ever eat my Coach flats or they will be sorry!

I'm getting ready to go home a wage a war against my dog. I've been preparing mentally all day. I'm determined to win. This should be interesting. Wish me luck...

No comments: