Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 22: A little ranting goes a long way

Day 22 of blog every day in May. Here is my rant post for today-

Do any of you have a family member or significant other that just refuses to pick up after themselves????

Because I do. And his name is DAD. I'm currently residing with the parentals for the time being. It works for the most part (although lately it's been rough). My mom was out of town for 8 days. And what did my dad do in those 8 days. NOTHING! Well, he did something. He went to work and took care of the dogs. But he did not help pick up at all. I can't wait for my mom to be back tonight so I don't have to go around the house picking up socks, shoes, dishes, left over food, glasses, etc. I feel like the maid. And I HATE being the maid. I don't understand what is so difficult about picking up your socks when you take them off. Or heaven forbid you actually use the dishwasher instead of piling the dishes in the sink. And maybe wipe off the counter after you make yourself something to eat instead of leaving the crumbs around? Would that seriously be too much to ask for????

While I'm not the cleanest person, I do know how to use the dishwasher. And because my dog is a destructive demon, I have learned (the hard way) not to leave my stuff laying around. Just wait until he eats one of your $200 pair of shoes and see if you'll leave your things lying around. I bet not.

My dad is not all that bad in reality. Perhaps its the dog issues on top of the lack of cleaning up after yourself that have compiled together to make me really grumpy. But seriously. My future husband will know not to leave dirty dishes in the sink. Or else....

OK, FEELING A LOT BETTER NOW. RANT IS OVER. LET THE DAY CONTINUE.

No comments: