Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rodeo: The Final Round

My rodeo adventures part 2! For recaps of the first 6 shows I saw, click HERE, HERE, and HERE.

This past week was a whirlwind of rodeo shows. I went to 6 shows in 6 days! It was awesome but I was exhausted by the end of it.

Tuesday, March 18- Robin Thicke with my roommate, Kourtney. We did a Cabernet wine tasting before hand. I had no idea I like wine so much :) We also got to sit int he front row since this show wasn't sold out. At Reliant Stadium, sitting in the front row doesn't get you all that close. But it was still fun!
A Robin Thicke look alike!


Wednesday, March 19- Florida Georgia Line with a guy friend I've been on a few dates with (which after some thought will not be continuing). This show was almost sold out so we had to stand. It was still fun and the whole stadium stood up and sang their last song "Cruise." It's pretty cool to see 75,000 people singing a song!




Thursday, March 20- I went to a Wine Seminar with some of the Rookie women on the Wine Sales Committee. It took me 1.5 hours to park at Reliant. At one point, I thought about turning around and going home. But I really wanted to see Blake Shelton. I went into the stadium with some of the other women but they didn't want to sit. So I went and found a single seat pretty close to the front and had a great time singing along to Blake. Blake even brought his wife, Miranda Lambert, up to sing "Home" with him. He by far put on the best show I saw this year! I would pay money to go see him again!

Friday, March 21- I took my friend Erin with me to Easton Corbin and we had a blast. Erin hadn't been to the rodeo in a really long time so we had to ride the ferris wheel and another hang glider type ride. We also ate yummy BBQ. And then got pretty good seats for Easton Corbin. 


Saturday, March 22- I took my friend Becca with me on Saturday to The Band Perry. We started off the day at a wine tasting where we sampled all sorts of white wines which was much needed because it was HOT outside. Becca had never been to the rodeo so we got some food and then went to look at the animals. Most of the animals had already left but we did see some piglets and we saw the judging of the dairy cows.

Sidenote- dairy cows are anorexic looking. Apparently, they don't want them to be fat because then they don't produce milk. They produce fat instead. I had no idea!

We then went into the concert and had great seats for the show. I saw The Band Perry last year and they were just as good! Afterwards, we went to the Hideout to get some adult beverages and listen to another band. We even did some line dancing and I was reminded about my two left feet. It was a long but fun day!



Sunday, March 23- Sunday was the last day of the rodeo and I was a little sad for it all to be over. But I had pretty much had enough rodeo for the year after seeing 12 shows. I brought my mom with me to see Zac Brown Band. We got some garlic fries and lemonade before we went in and then went to watch some of the rodeo. I was worried we wouldn't get seats because it was a pretty crowded show but we got lucky and sat the entire time! ZBB was a great show and a fantastic way to close out the rodeo!


So now that Rodeo 2014 is over, I am so glad I joined a committee this year. It's been something I wanted to do for a long time and it was totally worth it. I'm already making plans for how I'm going to meet my sales goals for next year! It was also a little sad because this is the last time it will be called Reliant Stadium. They are changing the name :( So goodbye 2014 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. I had a blast and need a few weeks to recover! Looking forward to what you have in store for me next year!





No comments: