Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A little bit of country...

Since the beginning of March, I have been in full rodeo mode. I have been to 7 shows so far and have 5 more to go. I think it goes without saying that I am using my rodeo badge to it's fullest extent! It is so nice having free parking and then just getting to walk into the show and find an empty seat. My friends are also reaping the benefits of my hard work on the committee because I get to take a guest with me. So without further ado, here is my recap of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo part 1.

Eli Young and Chris Young were last week and I already posted those pics. See this post and this post for pics.

REO Speedwagon with my dad. He was in heaven and we had a fun Dad/ Daughter date. And for the band being in their 60s, they sure did rock out. They were actually really good!

Maroon 5- this show was sold out to the brim. I have never seen Reliant Stadium so crowded. Even the Standing Room Only sections were 6-10 people deep. But Adam Levine did put on quite a show. He played most of the hits. I'm an old school Maroon 5 fan and he played a few of the "classics." It was a fun time with my friend Lindsay. We sand our little hearts out!

Keith Urban- I met my coworker and her family for some carnival fun before we went into the show. We enjoyed a delicious corn dog, went to a wine tasting, saw a great concert, then ate turkey legs and fried dessert afterwards. I think I gained 5 pounds that night. But it was worth it. Keith Urban is one of my favs!




Hunter Hayes- I love his music but I didn't realize that I'd be among a bunch of screaming 13 year olds. I would equate Hunter Hayes to the country Justin Bieber. He has that effect on the teenagers. He was good but played a few too many guitar solos for my liking.


Tonight I'm going to Robin Thicke. And then I have Florida Georgia Line, Blake Shelton, Easton Corbin, The Band Perry, and Zac Brown Band to close out the HLSR. I may be dead from exhaustion and have gained 20 lbs by Sunday but it will have been worth it.











1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow, you are busy! I got a media badge when I worked in radio in college and it was the coolest thing ever so I don't blame you for fitting in all the concerts you can manage!