Friday, March 7, 2014

Finally Feeling Like Friday

This past week has been an insanely crazy week! I had sorority stuff on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I am so thrilled next week is spring break. I get a short break and time to catch up on life (and sleep).

Rodeo also started this week. And since I'm on the Wine Sales Committee, I had a few obligations as well as I get to go to all of the shows for free. Sunday was my final obligation with the committee and they had the 2014 Champion Wine Auction. This event was AMAZING! In just 3 short hours, they auctioned off $1.6 million in wine. The Grand Champion Wine went for $230,000. It was so cool to see people bidding thousands of dollars for wine. The proceeds (which is most of it) goes towards scholarships for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. This was such a fun event and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it!



Tuesday was Fat Tuesday and to celebrate at work, we had king cake. Interesting fact- for liability reasons, a lot of bakers don't hide the baby anymore. They give you the baby and make you hide it. We didn't hide the baby at work. But the king cake was so yummy! I could go for another king cake right about now.

And the Wednesday kicked off my busy rodeo season. I went to the Eli Young Band with my coworker, Marisa, and we had a blast. It was a little cold and rainy but other than that, the show was awesome. With my badge, I get to go to all of the shows for free. If there are empty seats, then I get to sit in them. We sat on the main level about 3/4 of the way up and could see pretty well. I'm excited to go to about 14 more shows this season. Chris Young is on Saturday and the REO Speedwagon is next Monday. I'm skipping Usher tonight and Selena Gomez on Sunday. They just aren't my cup of tea. Let the RODEO fun begin!!!

No comments: