Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was a whirlwind of fun. I'm pretty sure I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

Friday night I went to El Tiempo with a few of my friends. The wait was 1 1/2 hours so we ventured over to the bar next door for a few pre-dinner beverages. And then we went back to El Tiempo and had a margarita (or maybe 3) and yummy fajitas before venturing out to another bar where we all sat down and realized we were tired and decided to go home. It was 11:30pm. I can officially no longer party until 2am like I used to. I was in bed a snuggled up with the dogs by 12:30am.

The girls
Apparently we can't take the boys anywhere because they spill salsa all over the table.
And then we try to clean it up using the chips. 

Saturday I went to a housing warming/ white elephant party for one of my favorite couples. They moved into their new house in the Heights a few weeks ago so they had an afternoon party. Their house is beautiful! I'm super jealous. 

And then Saturday night I went to dinner at The Grove in Discovery Green and then to the symphony with a couple other friends. Dinner was yummy! And the symphony was the symphony. I'm not a fan of that type of thing but this one had an Earth and Planets video that accompanied it so it was a little more interesting. My friends are part of the Young Professionals Backstage and this was one of the shows that they support so the tickets for the symphony were only $25 and there was an after party at the Houston Club. It was free drinks and lots of good people watching. Although I wore really uncomfortable heels and I thought my feet were going to fall of walking to our car afterwards. They are still killing me! 

And I guess I had so much fun on Saturday I didn't take any pictures. Oh well!

Sunday I went out for my last "long" run before the half marathon next week. I did 5 miles and it wasn't all that pretty (probably because I drank the night before and was tired). But now I'm tapering this week and resting for the big 13.1 miles next Sunday! The rest of Sunday was spent with Delta Zeta getting ready for the upcoming semester. Lots of fun!

This week is going to be a busy one so I'm sure it will fly by. I really want to take a nap but that's not happening today. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Your Saturday sounds so fun! It must be because I was downtown this weekend, but it seemed like so many other people were, too. There is so much more out here to do now than ever before! I love The Grove's patio, good choice!