1. If you live in Houston, you should know that we are currently experience icemageddon (or it just got really cold and the roads froze). Because H-town rarely experiences freezing temps, this is a really big deal. So big of a deal that they didn't show the Today show this morning because of the news coverage. Don't get me wrong though. It was cold and there was definitely ice on the roads. And Houstonians definitely don't know how to drive in it. I stayed home from work until about noon. I'm not going to lie. I fully took advantage of the bad roads and slept until about 9am. Tomorrow it is supposed to get up to 70 degrees. I don't understand Houston weather at all. Check out this link and you'll see pictures of the craziness we experienced. And this picture about sums it all up.
2. I am going to a blogger meetup tomorrow. I am so excited as we haven't had one in many months. I hope to catch up with Amy, Lauren, and Whitney and also meet lots of new bloggers!
3. A few posts ago I reference a new "Mr. Right." Well, things have since gone south and he is no longer "Mr. Right." Guys just suck. There is nothing worse than hearing the words (or text because that's the way people do things now) "I'm just not ready for a relationship and I want to be friends." So, I'm going to be nice and friendly with him. But I am in no way waiting around for anyone to get their act together. I found this on Pinterest recently and it about summed out how I felt and made total sense of the situation.
4. I'm trying to get my finances in order in 2014. The struggle is real people! For an attorney, I make well below the average salary. I work for a non-profit if you know what I mean. I have a plan though. And I am determined. And I really hope I get a rather large tax return to boost the plan.
5. And if you are facebook friends with me (friend me if you aren't), you may have seen this picture I posted. Dogs are so smart.
Have a wonderful weekend! See you next week!