Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Shenanagins

This past weekend was perfect. There wasn't one thing I would change about it. The weather was fantastic, the company was great, and I wasn't exhausted on Sunday night.

Saturday morning my dad and I had a garage sale. I made $75 selling crap valuables that I don't need any more. Not a bad amount for a few hours of work. Then I got cleaned up and went to see the sorority girls compete in a softball tournament. The girls ended up winning the whole thing so it was fun times! Who knew that they were so athletic. This was not the case when I was in the chapter!
After the softball tournament, I went to dinner with my friend Becca. We went to Brooklyn Athletic Club to try it out. Neither of us had been before and we had tried to go one Sunday in March but they are closed on Sunday afternoons so we did get to try it. The place is mostly outside and has different games you can play so why on earth they are closed on a Sunday afternoon, I have no idea. Anyhow... the food was amazing! I had meatballs and pasta and Beccas had some sort of pork dish. Both were yummy!
For dessert, we wanted to try their s'mores bread pudding but they were out of it. The waiter did not disappoint though. He arranged for us to move to one of the fire pits they have set up so we could roast our own s'mores. It was amazing! I haven't roasted s'mores since I was a kid. We had regular chocolate s'mores and Reeses s'mores. Delish!!!   
And to top off the great weekend, my new Marley Lilly purse came in the mail. I love it!
Sunday night was spent cuddling with my boy. As annoying as he can be, he sure loves his Momma! And I love him!

No comments: