Friday, March 29, 2013

An afternoon in the park...

At my office, we like to celebrate birthdays in a grand way. This week, one of my coworkers had her birthday so of course, we had to celebrate. We took a long (2.5 hour) lunch and went to Bayou Bend. This place is fantastic. It is in the middle of Houston and when you're there, you really get the feeling that you're not in the city. We went to Brown Bag Lunch (yummy!) and picked up sandwiches to eat at the park before you go in. The grounds and house used to belong to a woman named Ima Hogg. She was gracious enough to leave the property to the Museum of Fine Arts when she passed away. I love my job and the perks it comes with. A 2.5 hour lunch in the park is a fantastic way to spend hump day.






This suspension bridge to get onto the property is a little scary but so cool. 
Self-portrait- geez I look tired in this picture

No comments: