Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A little bit of the Old West...

Disclaimer: Another sorority post. I secretly wish I was still in college (and I guess it's not a secret anymore).

Last weekend, my sorority, Delta Zeta, paired up with Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity to put on the "Greatest College Show on Earth. The girls did a western themed drama that they wrote, acted in, danced in, and produced. Frontier Fiesta is a tradition at the University of Houston. It's been going on since 1939 so it's a pretty big deal. Each year, the fraternities and sororities pair up together and put on shows. Delta Zeta has NEVER won Frontier Fiesta in all the years it's been going on. Well that changed this year! They finally won the top prize and the girls were so excited! Here are a few iPhone pics that I snapped at one of their shows.
Girls Line Dance
Guy/Girl Stunt
The whole cast!
My friend Sheryl and I. She used to be the chapter advisor. I took her place when she had baby #2.
Excuse the crazy hair. It was 1,000% humidity that day and my hair was not cooperating. I also don't understand why I'm so hunched over. I look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. Oh well, it is what it is.

No comments: