Monday, February 17, 2014

A weekend with no pictures

Another weekend has come and gone. And I have no pictures to show for it (actually, I lie- I have one and I'll post it at the end of this. It's clearly a life changing picture).

Friday of course was the big V-day celebration. I probably am not alone in saying that Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday. Even when I wasn't single, I wasn't a fan. I don't like flowers or chocolate all that much so it's not really my favorite holiday. Plus everything is so expensive. Maybe one day I'll find that one true love that makes me love Valentine's Day. Anyways, moving on. 

Since the parent's celebrate their anniversary on Valentine's day, they were kind enough to invite me along. I joined my parents and some family friends for dinner and a movie. We went to eat BBQ in Alvin, TX and then to see Monuments Men (which was excellent). And I realized I've officially become the 5th wheel in that group. I guess it's ok though since they paid for me. Free meal and movie= win for Catherine. 

Saturday I went to a game night my friends Ashley was throwing. A couples game night. But I went alone because the guy that I was seeing I am no longer seeing but Ashley insisted I still go. It was fun. I got to be the host of the Newlywed Game. And I'm really glad I didn't bring a guy because some of the questions would have been really awkward to answer with someone you had just started dating. 

Sunday I went to brunch with some of my girl friends. We went to a place called Brick and Spoon. It was yummy. Except we were there for 2 1/2 hours. It was way too long to be sitting in one place. I then went home and took a 4 hours nap. Clearly a really productive day for me. 

Overall it was a good, relaxing weekend. I'm heading to Dallas this weekend for a sorority event. 48 hours with 800 women. Things are going to get interesting. Thank goodness I have my own hotel room.   


And here's your obligatory picture
A bottle tree
My kind of tree

No comments: