Thursday, February 14, 2013

.5 (and other celebrations)

I lost 1/2 a pound this week. Not fantastic but at least I didn't gain. I went to a conference for work on Monday and Tuesday where they proceeded to sabotage my diet by feeding us 3 course lunches. I'm pretty sure my coworkers are out to get me and that's why I was sent to the conference. Oh well, I'm down a total of 4 pounds and only have 6 more to go to reach my monthly goal. Let the competition continue!

On another note, today is the infamous Valentine's Day. I'm not a fan of the day really. Even when I was in a relationship, I just didn't see the point of it. I don't like flowers that much and I really don't like chocolate. Everything is also way overpriced. Maybe I'll like it better when I've found "the one?"

Today is also my parent's 37th wedding anniversary! 37 years is a long time to be married. My parents have set the bar high for when I get married! Even though they don't always get along, they continue to amaze me with their constant love for one another. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
It's also my Grandma's birthday today! She is a fantastic Grandma and is always there to support me. She has come to every one of my graduations and special events in my life and I am so lucky to have her! Happy Birthday Grandma!!!!



1 comment:

Whitney said...

WOW, 37 years! that's impressive. My parents have been married for 29 years as of Feb. 11. I have great role models too!