Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sewing Circle

I got a sewing machine for Christmas in 2009. It sat in my closet until recently when I figured I should actually learn how to use it. A couple of my friends and I all want to be more crafty so we now have a "Sewing Circle." Our first project was a tote bag we found here-
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/07/17/how-to-make-a-simple-reversible-totebag/

Here is the finished project-
 This one is mine!

I think they turned out pretty well for my first try. I use mine as a lunch bag since it's a little smaller than I thought it would be. I have extra fabric so I'm going to make a bigger one and put a pocket on the inside. 

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I want a sewing machine so bad! I've always wanted one since I was in Home Ec in 7th grade and sewed my own Christmas stocking. Those bags are so cute!