Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Rest of Vacation: Days 3-7

So I figured I'd better write about the rest of my vacation that happened in JUNE! I've been so busy that I've hardly had any free time.
After going to Hershey, PA, my mom and I drove 3 hours to New York City. We spent 4 days and 3 nights exploring all the great things the city has to offer. We saw the Empire State building, Rockefeller Plaza, the Today Show, Brooklyn, Ground Zero, Central Park, Little Italy, the Fashion district, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Times Square, Madame Tussauds, Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Ray Romano outside of David Letterman. We also ate hot dogs from the street vendors, bought 7 t-shirts for $10, took a double-decker bus tour of the city, and walked about a million miles. Our hotel room was the smallest room I've ever seen but it was only 1 block from Central Park so I didn't care. I was so sad to leave such a wonderful place but I know I'll be back there someday!
Here are some of the hundreds of pictures I took of the trip! Warning- there are lots of pictures but I couldn't chose just a few! Enjoy!

Times Square!



The ball from New Years Eve

On the double-decker bus tour. It rained but the ponchos helped!

The wall of tiles in remembrance of September 11-

Ground Zero-

In Brooklyn, with NYC in the background-

Brooklyn Bridge

Beginning of the night tour of the city


From the Real Housewives of NYC-

















As close as I got to Matt and Ann- I went to the Today Show the day after Michael Jackson dies so they didn't come outside and it was pretty quiet around the plaza.



Little Italy- yummy food!


The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Michael Jackson died the day we took this tour. There was a gathering outside the Apollo theater to remember him.


Tavern on the Green in Central Park

John Lennon Memorial

John Lennon's house


Fountain in Central Park

Our hotel- The Hudson. It was a fabulous hotel.

Our room was soooo small. We could hardly move in it!

The bathroom- small again

The hallway- I had to lay open my suitcase in this hallway to get out my clothes. There was no other place to put it!

On the way back home, we stayed in a hotel that had a hot tub in the bedroom. It was crazy!

No comments: