Monday, August 3, 2009

In Exactly One Week-

In just one short week, I will be starting a new adventure. I will be living in a new home, in a new city, in a new state, where it is really really HOT! I will be missing my Geneva hone, the cool weather, all the friends I have made, the wonderful church I've been going to, my parents, my brother, and my dog.

I will have packed up all 28 years of my life in a moving van with the help of some nice friends, driven roughly 1,200 miles, unloaded most of the truck into a storage unit, moved the rest of the stuff into my new place, and returned the truck. And I'm sure I will have sweated buckets of sweat and lost a few pounds :)

Part of me is so excited to be moving, starting a new life, learning new things, going to a new church, meeting new friends, and being on my own.

Part of me is scared to death. There are so many what ifs with this move. I'll be on my own. I won't have my parents to call if something goes wrong (well, I can call them but they will be living 1,200 miles away so how much of a help will they be), everything will be new. SO to help me sort through all the what ifs- I decided to list some of them.

What if I hate it?
What if I love it so much I never want to leave?
What if I make so many friends I don't know what to do?
What if I don't make any friends?
What if something happens to my car? (I haven't had very good luck lately)
What if I don't like my new church as much as my old church?
What if I don't do well in school?
What if I rock the school thing?
What if things don't go as planned? (because they usually don't but that makes life exciting)
What if they go exactly as planned? (I'm not used to that either)

AND THE BIG ONE I'M WORRIED ABOUT- WHAT IF I RUN OUT OF MONEY? (I've never had to be on a REAL budget before. I have to admit I'm afraid I won't be very good at it.)

Ok, that's quite a few What ifs and I'm sure there are more I couldn't think of. I just need to remember to stop and breathe in this crazy time of my life. I'll ask you all to keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I venture off on this new, exciting, scary, different adventure! I'll keep you updated on my crazy adventures!

I also need to remember this-

2 comments:

The McLane Blog Page: said...

I am so you have a blog! This way I can keep track of your exciting life at law school!!! Good luck with the move today!!! I'm excited for you!!!

Mother Goose said...

Good luck Catherine! I'm sure things will work out better than you could imagine! (I love that moving tip.)

Ashlyn