Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

As I sit at work today waiting for my boss to tell me I can leave for the day, I'm reflecting on what a crazy, beautiful year it was. I absolutely love watching the end of the year recaps that the different new programs do. It reminds me of all the wonderful things that happened throughout the year. The beginning of a new year is seen as a time to recommit to your life. These shows also get me thinking about all the heartache and sadness that this world has had to face this year and I can't help but feel lucky. While things were not always perfect (and never will be), this year I was blessed with so many wonderful things.  I've come to realize that it's the highs and lows in life that make me who I am. I blog primarily because I want to record my life (the good and sometimes the bad). I read tons of other blogs and sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough or I'm not good enough- I'm not crafty enough, I don't have a family yet (something I so desire), I don't have adorable kids to fill posts with, etc... It's easy to beat yourself up reading other people's blogs. But I am who I am and I'm proud of it. And to recap my year, here are my top 12 moments from 2012-

  1. March- Went on my first (and last) official Spring Break trip- a cruise to Progreso and Cozumel
  2. April- Didn't get offered a job at the firm I had been working at for 1 1/2 years- turned out to be a blessing in disguise :)
  3. May- Graduated from law school!!!
  4. June and July- Spent the summer studying for the bar exam- super stressful
  5. July- Took the bar exam. Glad that was over and done with!
  6. August- Came to the realization that someone I thought could be my other half had other plans. And I'm a better person because of it :)
  7. September- Finished up my last semester as recruitment advisor for my sorority and moved up to Chapter Director. It's a time consuming and non=paying job but it's 100% worth it!
  8. September- Moved back in with my parents- not sure how I feel about this one but I am saving a ton of money
  9. September- November- Interned at 2 wonderful places while waiting on bar exam results
  10. November 2nd- Passed the Bar Exam- Hooray!!! Glad that one is done!!!! And I'm thinking about taking the Illinois bar exam in July. I might be crazy.
  11. November 11- Turned 32- I feel like my life is getting better as I get older!
  12. December- Got a real job at one of the places I interned at!!! I get a real paycheck now!!! Finally!!!
As I get ready for 2013, I am so excited to see what the year has in store for me. I know January will be started off with a bang because I'm running a half-marathon in just 2 short weeks. YIKES! My hope is to finally have a place of my own, get healthy, and find that other half I've been missing. I finally have everything I want except a family. I know it will come when it's supposed to and I hope the wait is definitely worth it :)

Till next time! HAPPY NEW YEAR!


1 comment:

Caitlin Cavallaro said...

YAY DZ! Whit said that you were the CCD for the DZ Chapter at UH!! How awesome. Glad to see some more Houston, DZ Bloggers!!