Saturday, July 2, 2011

The fun continues!

Day 2 of vacation was spent just relaxing and shopping. We went to Oakbrook Mall. The weather was again beautiful. We had dinner with one of my Mom's best friends. It was just a perfectly relaxing day. This is something I desperately needed. I've been pretty much working and going to school non-stop since January and while its been fun (and the money is always nice), sometimes a girl just needs a break. This week was the perfect time to take that break. I had finished up my job working at the Immigration Law Firm (but I'll be going back in August) and I don't start at the Attorney General's Office until July 5th. Did I mention that I really needed the break.

Day 3 was spent down in Oak Park. Oak Park is a fabulous little city. I love the houses and can only dream that one day I might live there. Oak Park is also where Frank Lloyd Wright lived. We toured his house and studio. They don't let you take pictures inside so this is the only one I got.
We also ate lunch at Mickey's where I got one of these:
Delicious is all I can say about Chicago hot dogs. There is something about the bright green relish, onions, mustard, tomato, and pickle that I love. Although it is such a weird combination that I don't think the rest of the world understands.

No comments: