Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Madness!

I joined a bracket this year for the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. I don't know anything about basketball, much less college basketball. I didn't even know they only have 2 halves instead of 4 quarters until last week. So I picked my teams primarily according to colors, mascots, the city the school is in, and just my general feeling about the school. I figured I was just going to give away my $10 to someone else because surely everyone else in the league knows more about basketball than I do. Well, I guess I chose some good teams because look who is in the lead! Just click on the link. Yep, that's right. I am in first place! I can't believe I am beating everyone else (and all the other people in the league know a lot about basketball). As of right now, I have either won the league or tied. I still have 560 points I can earn so I'm hoping at least one of my teams will win. If Kentucky beats UNC tonight, then I definitely win the tournament. I never thought I would get into this sort of thing but it is actually really fun and I can't stop watching the games! I'm already planning what I'm going to do with my $80. Perhaprs I'll use it to pay my electricity bill because it has been super hot here in Houston and the AC has been going non-stop :)

No comments: