Sunday, January 25, 2009

Biggest Loser Competition

So, my school has started a Biggest Loser Competition. It started on January 5 and I think ends at the end of February. I figured there was no better time than now to start the weight loss. It's sort of a New Years Resolution but mostly it's to get healthy and be able to buy new clothes! There are so many good things about the friendly competition- I get to lose weight, share ideas with friends, and WHEN I win, I get $75 (2nd place gets $50 and 3rd place gets $25).

This past Friday, we had our 2nd weigh in. It was suspenseful because the week before, we had had 2 snow days and MLK Day off of school (so essentially a 5 day weekend) and I wasn't sure how I had done. Well, the good news is that I lost 6 pounds in the 2 weeks since the last weigh-in and have lost a total of 8.5 pounds. I was so excited and already feel a millions times better.

I'll keep y'all updated on how it goes.

No comments: