Friday, May 9, 2014

Five on Friday: The beginning of May!

Remember when I blogged 2 weeks ago and said see you on Monday?!?!?! 

And then I never showed up on Monday?!?!?!

Well, sorry about that. It appears this blog has taken a back burner to life and I just can't seem to get it together. Lots has been going on the past 2 weeks and I can't believe the first full week of May is over with! I was reading other blogs and remembered I had a blog of my own :) I'm actually typing this while waiting in the hospital for someone near and dear to me to finish up with her 5 different appointments today. I won't go into detail for privacy reasons but if you read this, just say a little prayer for this person please!

So what's been going on lately-

1. Working in Crockett, Texas has kind of grown on me. I wouldn't say I like the country but it definitely is relaxing and has forced me to slow down my life. A LOT. Here are some pictures of my adventure-




(The Anderson County courthouse. Had to stop there on Wednesday to search for some stuff)

2. My dog has been going through major Momma withdrawals. I feel bad but I have to work. And he's staying with my parents during the week so it's not like he's totally alone. Here is Exhibit A from this morning. That is my spot he is sleeping in- head on my pillow and all. 

3. I need to get better about working out and eating. Living in a hotel makes it hard to make good choices and there are only so many grilled chicken sandwiches a person can eat. I think I've gained about 5 lbs. in the month I've been there and that is no bueno (although I can't be sure of that because I need a new battery in my scale). Any healthy eating tips from the blog world?

4. I sprained my ankle pretty badly last Saturday. I iced it and then Sunday got to ride in the motorized shopping cart at Aldi and Costco. It's much better now which I'm really glad about because I have a really busy weekend planned with friends and family. We are even going to a yummy brunch on Sunday with my mom and brother, sister-in-law, and nephew. Super excited about it!


5. Last weekend was the Kentucky Derby. I went to a fundraising event for my friend that running for Woman of the Year and raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It was at the Brooklyn Athletic Club and they did a fantastic job! Her brother painted this mural on the fence at BAC. Isn't it fantastic!!!! Click HERE for information about the fundraiser!


Linking up for Five on Friday!

















No comments: